untitlediconmonstr-facebook-4-icontwitter-512

Monday 31 October 2016

Published

Shining a light on laser...


Since I started my first job after graduating from Nottingham Trent, I have had a lot of responsibilities and faced a lot of challenges. I got a job as a Marketing Assistant at Strip Wax Bar, assisting the Marketing Director. My roles involves a range of admin tasks as well as creative projects, which I am extremely happy about as I get to continue my love for visual art.

My most recent project was to create, design and make a campaign for Strip's laser treatments. I was responsible for the whole project from start to finish and was able to work through the whole process - from concept to execution. The concept 'Shining a light on laser' came from the idea that we needed to let everyone know about these new, exciting treatments Strip had to offer. As no body knew about them and there was no real push of marketing before hand, they knew they had to boost this idea and 'shine a light on it'  to make it known to clients. This is where the light concept cam from.

As a visual creative at university, I really got to know my true artistic style. I grew to love collage and abstract art. I am a huge fan of Luca Mainini - a collage and GIF artists who has previously collaborated with TOPSHOP and Arthur Arbesser. Like any other artist I did my hourly trawls through Pinterest, books and instagram for visual inspiration but every other laser ad I came across looked scarily clinical and just reminded me of being at the hospital - they all screamed pain. I decided to go for a completely different outlook on this and go for an abstract design. I knew the concept was about shining a light and the laser treatments are for your body, so why not put the two together? After hours of scribbling in my sketch book and creating graphic mock ups I finally got to the finished outcome. I am extremely lucky to say my first advertisement has been published in magazines such as The Resident, Tatler, Mayfair life, Absolutely magazine and several more. Proud is an understatement!




No comments:

Post a Comment